Friday, January 20, 2012

Cthulhu


Cthulhu is a fictional character who first appeared in the short story "The Call of Cthulhu", published in the pulp magazine Weird Tales in 1928. The character was created by writer H. P. Lovecraft. (Wikipedia)
 
This is possibly the most evil thing I've crocheted and one of my best attempts at Amigurumi. The basic pattern for this can be found on the blog Cthulhu Crochet and Cousins. I modified this pattern just a bit

My modifications
*I added extra lines to make this much biger then the original pattern by at lest 5 rows. 

The tentacles
 I found the tentacles in the pattern did not curl up the way I wanted so I made about 7 curly cues using the Crochet Geek Curly Cue pattern.

The Wings
I used the wing from the pattern again adding rows to make it larger. The only modification I made was adding a pipe cleaner to the top of the wings and then doing a SC row over it to connect it to the wings. I found this made the wings stick out more.

The Feet
I know the feet look bigger but this was by request. I could not find a pattern that worked for this type of feet so I improvised. I made 3 domes so to speak (the toes) with one smaller than the others. I then sewed these together and ran SC rows around them and down decreasing till I got the size I wanted. In hindsight I would have made them smaller despite the request.

No comments:

Post a Comment